Wednesday 7 December 2022

"You Can't Be Autistic" a poem by Kit Foxworth

Greetings and welcome to the fourth post on my authistic blog.

This time I wanted to share words from somebody else. Earlier this year I joined several Facebook Groups in relation to autism - particularly women and autism - before my diagnosis in June. This is where I learned so much about autism and found people there just like me! 

A few weeks ago someone called Kit Foxworth shared a poem in one such group which perfectly summed up the experience of many adult women with autism. It resonated with so many other group members. Kit herself said she doesn't usually write in rhyming couplets but it worked well on this occasion and was met with many enthusiastic comments.

So a big thanks to Kit Foxworth for giving permission to share her poem.







3 comments:

  1. Excellent. The poem says it all. Love the blogs.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree it’s a great poem and thanks for your appreciation 😊

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Kate, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Autistic Demand Avoidance (some Sally Cat memes)

This is going to be my last blog on this subject for a while although I think it will come up in others and it's all pervasive! But I st...