Sunday 7 January 2024

Writing Goals for 2024

In previous years I've listed all sorts of goals but this time I'm going to stick mainly writing ones.




More of my memoirs - I began these nearly three years ago now and I've not even finished the first draft. I'm only up to 2005. I wish I could get to the end of first draft more quickly but maybe the autistic side of me likes to read every word. So it's taking me longer.


Poetry - I’ve enjoyed writing more poems last year and had a little bit of positive feedback. I would like to bring out a collection although it would be nice to be selected in one of the several competitions I’ve entered. Competition is fierce but I guess I’ll keep on trying a bit longer...


Flash fiction - I hope to do more of this too as it keeps the creative juices flowing and good to intersperse the lengthy memoirs with something brief and short. 


Arts council application - I'm hoping to get some practical support with the things I need help with eg I can’t get to book fares or anything much that isn’t online. It is limiting with long term health conditions and disabilities.


Medium - I hope to try this platform on the advice of good friend and prolific talented author Chantelle Atkins who’s having some success with it.


More of these 'Authism' blogs - I've still many more blogs to do for my autism and writing journey! 


iPod - I need to get a new one that I don't have to keep charging! 


Do you have any resolutions/new year goals?


Happy New Year all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autistic Demand Avoidance (some Sally Cat memes)

This is going to be my last blog on this subject for a while although I think it will come up in others and it's all pervasive! But I st...